I Just Applied for an ASTA Classroom Grant

 I've seen teachers asking for donations for their classrooms. Supplies, materials, decorations, etc. All things teachers use hoping to help students learn. Probably from my upbringing, but I usually have a really hard time asking for things like this. But I did just apply for a $500 grant through ASTA for the first time. 

ASTA -- Arkansas State Teachers Association -- is a non-union professional organization for Arkansas school employees. I joined ASTA because they offer a $2 Million liability insurance policy and lots of other benefits (including classroom grants) for much less than it costs to secure these benefits through the union. An added bonus is that none of my money goes to political candidates or causes. ASTA does survey its members regarding issues and legislation impacting Arkansas educators, and communicates the results to lawmakers and policy makers on issues under consideration. But they never donate your money to political campaigns or other groups that do. 




Click Here for ASTA Classroom Grant Application

I don't know if I'll get the grant, but wanted to take this opportunity to let others know these grants are available. ASTA doesn't even require applicants to be members! Although I can't see why any school employee wouldn't want to be a member. You can apply for your own classroom grant here

If my application is approved, I'll post again to let you know. If you apply for an ASTA classroom grant, please comment below and let us know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13 Years Ago Today...Amanda Marie Allison (1993 - 2011)

2023 Improving Education -- Ranking Arkansas High Schools by Performance vs. Expected Performance

Snow days SHOULD be made up!